One of the benefits that they don’t tell you about blogging is building a sense of community. I’ve learned so much reading your blogs, tweets, and comments. Thanks for letting little ol' me be part of your circle.
I also want to thank you for the support that you showed Blitzkrieg in the Bissell Most Valuable Pet (MVP) Contest. Thank you, thank you, thank you, SO MUCH to everyone who read Blitzkrieg’s rescue and rehabilitation story and voted for him, Tweeted, reTweeted, Facebooked, emailed your friends, family, and network about him, and especially to those who blogged about my little boy and asked your readers to vote for him in the contest.
There were over 3000 pets competing during Blitzkrieg’s week. Blitzkrieg got 47 votes and made page 3 in the rankings out of the 10 + pages of entries. So while Blitzkrieg won’t move on the finals, Husband, Blitzkrieg, and I see it as a huge WIN because of the support and kind comments we received from all of you. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts. While it would have been just wonderful to turn the $10,000 prize money over to our favorite rescue organization The Capital Area Humane Society, we’re still going to work very hard at supporting them and their fundraising efforts. Even if it means making a costume for your dog out of trash that mocks the nightly news.
Blitzkrieg as Balloon Boy
Since I don’t do this nearly enough, I’m going to pass on the Kreative Blogger Award to some extra special bloggers. I really appreciate when someone gives me one of these little awards, it truly makes my day. Unfortunately, most of the time, the person I want to give it back to is the person who gave it to me or I forget to add it to my blogging schedule/idea list. Oops. I really need to share the blogging love more often.
I’d like to pass Kreative Blogger Award on the following:
1. The Rubbish Diet – My trashy friend from across the sea (England.) Mrs. Almost Average makes reducing waste and slimming her bin silly, sexy, and fun.
2. Rob’s World – This man can really turn trash into treasure and is a serious gardener! And he has a cute dog named Romano - bonus. His support of Blitzkrieg in the Bissell MVP contest was just wonderful thank you Rob and Romeo for your support.
3. Cheap Like Me - I could write pages and pages how on useful and creative this blog is. Really. Tons of hints, tips, and recipes on how to live big - and green - on a small budget. She wrote the most supportive post of Blitzkrieg and the Bissell MVP contest that it brought tears to my eyes – and I’m not a crier.
4. Reinvented – Kim makes the world a prettier place – on a budget. And she’s local to me! One of these days, I have no doubt that we will accidentally meet in person at a thrift store as we are fighting over some ugly thing we want to transform into something beautiful.
5. Retro Housewife Goes Green – Lisa’s a good blogging friend who has a lot of heart. She helped me out and wrote a guest post for me on the fly when real life got nuts around here and I couldn’t pay attention to this blog. Thanks.
6. Devastate Boredom - Proves that little green changes really do add up. Not only to better her quality of life but also her wallet. While I’m grumbling to myself about the high price of organic foods, she’s ferreting out the coupons and deals on it and sharing it on her blog. *bows deeply to her resourcefulness* If you are a LOSTie (oh yes! Guilty pleasure all the way) check out her episode recaps and dish every Tuesday. *love*
7. Morgan Howard I don’t think Morgan is blogging anymore but I’m giving her an award anyway because she’s awesome. Her comments were always so supportive of me and adoring of Blitzkrieg. Whatever you’re doing now Morgan, I’m sure it’s as amazing as you are and your little dog too! His name is Liam and he is a cutie.
The Rule of the award, which you can follow if you want to, or not, are:
- Thank the person who gave you the award
- Place the logo on your blog
- Link to the person who nominated you
- Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting
- Nominate 7 bloggers for this award and post links to their blogs
- Send a message to let them know they've been nominated
Oops I almost forgot the Name seven things about me that you might find interesting. Which I’m not sure if you would or not because those “day in the life” type posts don’t get a lot of comments unless they are about Blitzkrieg, because he's the real star of this show! And I'm OK with that. Here goes:
1. My first real professional job after college was doing programming, promotion, and some production at a television station.
2. I’m still undecided about whether I should go to BlogHer this summer. Any thoughts?
3. I once was a professional jester – not at the TV station.
4. Husband bought me the pink tool belt I’m wearing in my About Me photo and a string of cultured pearls as a birthday present. I often wear both when I’m fixing something because they represent my girly side and my tooly side perfectly.
5. I paid my own way for my college education without help from my family.
6. Our mortgage and my never ending student loan payments are the only debt Husband and I have.
7. I once was asked to play the punk rocker bad date for a dating service commercial. All of the wardrobe, jewelry, and makeup I wore in the spot came from my own closet. I hadn’t wore those pieces together before or since.
And now a big huge question to you. Is there anything you’d like to see more of? Or for me to blog less about in the coming year?