I’m giving it another whirl and trying a mineral crystal deodorant, Crystal Essence Body Deodorant Roll-On This one is a little different from the Crystal rock I’ve seen in stores because it’s a liquid roll on deodorant. The mineral salts in the liquid create an invisible barrier that is supposed to make it impossible for odor causing bacteria to grow.
I tried the Pomegranate Crystal Essence roll on. The ingredients are purified water, mineral salts (potassium alum), fragrance (made with pomegranate essential oils and extracts), and cellulose. I put the deodorant through its paces and wore it during several DIY jobs that worked up a sweat trying to see when it would fail. That sounds very pessimestic, but remember, I've been burned in one way or another by almost every deodorant I've tried.
- Crystal Essence Body Deodorant actually kept me from smelling by the end of the day. No lie! I’m shocked given my experience with deodorants, especially roll ons. Roll ons almost never keep me from sweating without fail, no matter what the ingredients.
- I did not have to reapply the Crystal deodorant during the day to keep me from smelling (unlike my homemade deodorants.)
- Crystal Essence Body Deodorant didn’t leave white marks on my clothes like my stick deodorant, which I never notice until after I leave the house. Halleluiah!
- You don’t have to wet your underarms to use the roll on Crystal Essence Body Deodorant unlike the Crystal rock.
- Crystal Essence Body Deodorant scored a 0 (Low Hazard) in the Environmental Working Group’s Skin Deep database. You don’t even want to know what my solid stick deodorant scores, just saying.
- Crystal Essence Body Deodorant does not keep you from sweating. I’m fine with this, as long as it keeps me from smelling and it’s one of the few deodorants that do.
- The Crystal Essence Body Deodorant roll on is supposed to last up to four months, where the Crystal rock is supposed to last up to a year.
- For those of you who don’t like plastic, Crystal Essence Body Deodorant comes packaged in plastic. I’m OK with that because I drop off the cap for recycling at an Aveda store, and the container at an Origins make up counter.
The thing I like most about Crystal Essence Body Deodorant? That you can buy it at a regular drug store! Rite Aid and Walgreens have Crystal Deodorant on sale from 9/26 – 10/23/10.
They are giving you a $1 off the Crystal Body Deodorant Stick, $0.50 off the Crystal Body Deodorant Roll-On and Sprays.
After I finish my bottle of Crystal essence Roll-On Body Deodorant on I’m going to try the Crystal rock. The idea of buying one deodorant a year that works makes my frugal side giddy.
What about you? Have you tried a mineral based deodorant? How did it work for you?
I was given a free Crystal essence Roll-On Body Deodorant by the One 2 One Network to facilitate this review or I would not have tried it otherwise and I am glad I did. All opinions are 100% my own and honest.