I like junk. When I need to destress or fire up my creative juices, I hit my favorite thrift stores, mid century furniture consignment stores, or the Habitat Restore for ideas and possible a cheap piece of trash to turn into treasure.
Many of my pieces have sentimental value to me, but I never though anything I picked up along the way might actually be worth money.
Frank Fritz the funny, huggable, and bearded guy from American Pickers (I love that show!) is teaming up with Craftsman (you know I adore them too) to launch Craftman’s Finding America’s Treasures program which is a virtual version of Big Game Bargain Antiques Huntress(er.)
That’s what husband calls me when I cart something home from a trash pile or junk shop, clean it up or turn it into something useful, unusual, or clever.
Starting today through August 12, logon to Facebook.com/Craftsman and click on the USA Treasures tab to upload photos of your treasures for a chance to win a $100 gift card good towards a purchase of a new Craftsman tool (hold up while I wipe the drool from my mouth.) Each week Frank will comment on his favorite photos uploaded to the site. The photos don’t need to be of old tools or Craftsman related. They can be of anything you have around your house.
Finding America’s Treasures is also going on the road! Craftsman is inviting all you junk fans to have your treasures evaluated by a professional appraiser, enjoy free food (Hello! Free snacks!) and receive a discount on a new Craftsman tool that day (Sorry, more drool ensued. I have a soon to be workshop I want to fill with tools) in a city near you.
Here is the Craftsman Finding America’s Treasures tour dates:
- May 21: Baker City, Ore.; Jackson, Wyo.; Payson, Ariz.; Red Bluff, Calif.; Scappoose, Ore.
- June 4: Blanco, Texas; Cleburne, Texas; Dalhart, Texas; Lakeway, Texas; Seguin, Texas
- June 18: Cleveland, Miss.; Lawrenceburg, Tenn.; Nevada, Mo.; Newport, Ark.
- July 9: Clermont, Fla.; Niceville, Fla.; Walterboro, S.C.
- July 16: Fenton, Mich.; Hadley, Mass.; Holland, Mich.; Reedsburg, Wis.; Shelbyville, Ind.; Washington, Mo.
- July 23: Burnham, Pa.; Georgetown, Ohio; New Milford, Conn.; Tappahannock, Va.
Do you have any trash you think is treasure?
Did you enjoy this post? Get more like it by subscribing to the Condo Blues RSS Feed or to Condo Blues by Email.