|Blitzkrieg in his car seat in our ZX2.|
The engine block cracked.
The estimate to rebuild the engine is a mere $9,000.00 – almost half way to the price of a new car.
The plan changed. Instead of repairing our car, we have to replace it. With what? I don’t know. I haven’t done much in the way of research. I didn’t think I would be car shopping because until a few days ago we thought the car was in good condition.
Help me out. What kind of car do you drive? Do you like it?
Here’s a few things we want in our next car:
- Husband and I like small cars for our small family. We aren’t into SUVs. They are good for some folks but not for us.
- Must get good gas mileage.
- We’re open to a new or used car. There are pros and cons to buying either type.
- Not sure if we we’re going hybrid or conventional. We do more highway than city driving. I believe hybrids only pay off if you do more city than highway diving. Is this true?
- We are open to the make of the car.
- Either a hatchback or sedan is fine. We’ve owned both. Currently we have sedans, which seem like more a “grown up” style of car. In the past, we’ve had hatchbacks, which are more convenient for toting stuff home from the home improvement store :)
- Blitzkrieg wants a rocket car or a hovercraft. We told him we’ll consider it if he has the means to contribute to the car payment.
The reports on Edmunds.com knocked two cars off our list. If you have any suggestions on what car you like or what you don’t or another site for good car research please let me know. It will help steer us in a more informed direction.
Did you enjoy this post? Get more like it by subscribing to the Condo Blues RSS Feed or to Condo Blues by Email.