Dancing in the living room! (because it could use more seating for guests)
That’s not to say when I’m watching almost unhealthy amounts of HGTV on the weekend that I don’t wish one of their designers would swoop in, redesign my living room, and punch up the personality and seating options for guests. Can you hear me Room Crashers? I’m talking to you and any other show that will listen.
What little personality the living room had left with Blitzkrieg.
Since I’m in Dream Mode and making mood boards are a fun (and free) way to get a new money is no object, low waste living room (since I’m wishing and not buying) I but together a mid century industrial mood board in my Mid-Century Modern-Bauhaus-Contemporary-Found-and-Funkified-Retro-DaDa-Danish decorating style.
Starting top left to right:
1. Vespa 1 by Joel Ganucheau I dream about owning a vintage Vespa scooter.
4. Cast Iron Jack because my grandparents had one.
5. Chantal Round Iron Clock I like that it looks like a giant pocket watch.
6. Chocolate Oval Curve Lounger I have a thing for curved sofas. I have the perfect corner for this bad boy.
7. Brownstones Canvas Wall Art Decal I also dream about living in a New York Brownstone.
8. Skyline Panels Wall Decals I’d mount it on boards and a barn door track and use it to cover the TV niche when we aren’t using it.
9. Elephant Bust made from printed canvas! I thought it was paper mache at first.
10. Hughes Industrial Accent Table The table height is adjustable. It makes me think Steampunk.
11. Red Punched Metal Pendant I love the texture and color. By love I mean love, love, love, love!
13. Augustus Library Shelf When you’re fun size, library ladders mean you don’t have to haul out the stepstool a zillion times a day.
I made my mood board with items from World Market one of my favorite places for affordable, unique, and easy to find eco things that I don’t have to revamp.
I’m seriously considering buying the red pendent light because the similar ones I like are $300 instead of $30 (and especially if I get a member’s only coupon in my World Market Explorer account for extra savings.) Husband consider this a warning.
To make getting the HGTV designer and boatload of cash to actually buy everything on my dream mood board a reality, I entered the Cost Plus World Market Passport to Style Sweepstakes. The grand prize winner gets $10, 000 World Market shopping spree and a design consultation with an HGTV designer. Please oh please let it be David Bromstad, known in my house as the Hot and Often Shirtless Designer. Hubba, hubba!
If I can’t win the Grand Prize, I’ll settle with one of the three $1,000 World Market gift card runner up prizes. Really, magical prize winner selecting fairies, I’m not picky.
Of course if I don’t win (likely) I hope you do. Enter online at World Market Sweepstakes or on the WorldMarket Facebook page. If you share the sweepstakes with five of your friends (via Facebook share or email) you can get five extra bonus entries You can enter daily for more chances to win.
The HGTV Sweepstakes runs from September 22, 2012 until October 26, 2012.
- World Market on Twitter
- World Market on Facebook
- World Market on on Google+
- World Market on Pinterest
- World Market on Instagram
Did you enjoy this post? Get more like it by subscribing to the Condo Blues RSS Feed or to Condo Blues by Email.
See my disclosure here http://cmp.ly/3/KqtZiE