Do you need a green living, crafting, home improvement, or technology expert? I can help you out with that.
Why in the world would you consider pairing up with me? Because:
- Condo Blues is one of the Top 100 Green Blogs for College Students
- I am a member of the Green Moms Carnival. Shorty Award for Green and #9 on Groupable's Top 100 Most Socially Influential Moms Groups
- I've been a guest food expert twice on Cooking with Caitlin's Foodie's Night In (#FNIChat)Twitter party through my food blog Lazy Budget Chef.
- I blog as The Lazy Budget Chef for the Lifetime show The Balancing Act
- I've also worked with brands as an ambassador on both of my blogs with companies including White Cloud, One Million Acts of Green (owned by Cisco,) Purex, and Freschetta
I am also a talented speaker and classroom instructor. I have acted in local TV commercials, theater, and short films. One of my favorite acting jobs was the several years I was a professional jester. I loved entertaining in a family and brand friendly way while slipping in some history lessons when my audience was not paying attention!
Please contact me at condoblues [AT] gmail [DOT] com for details.
Condo Blues and it's author Lisa Nelsen-Woods were featured in the following media outlets:
Craftsman DIY Blogger Summit - I taught a group of Mom and Dad bloggers and DIY newbies at the Craftsman Experience in Chicago. This speaking engagement included interviews and appearances in The Down and Dirty with Frank Fontana podcast, live streaming of my build during the blogger event, and taped and live interviews on The Craftsman Experience. Topics included:
- Butt joints - what they are and how to make them
- Drills vs. Impact drivers - how and why to use each tool
- Wood glue vs. white glue for wood
- The Joy of Countersinking
- Hole saw safety and how to use it
I am the woman in the green shirt in the video
- The Weather Channel - 58 Degree Challenge - Series of on-camera interviews on how my family stays warm during the winter with the indoor temperature set at 58 degrees (F)
- WBNS - TV10 Do-It-Yourself Energy Fixes Can Add Up To Big Savings - How I cut my condo's electricity and natural gas bills in half using new habits, cheap fixes, and a whole lotta light bulbs.
- This Old House Magazine July/August 2010 (print version)- Cheapskate Hall of Fame (On line version) Brillant Backsplash - Featured my chalkboard kitchen back splash
- The Columbus Dispatch - Do-It-Yourself Energy Fixes Can Add Up To Big Savings- Another story on how I cut my condo's electricity and natural gas bills in half using new habits, cheap fixes, and a whole lotta light bulbs.
- The Chicago Sun Times - The Two Natural Ways to Dye Easter Eggs and Keep Heat and Utility Bills from Going Up the Chimney
Condo Blues is listed on the Top 100 Green Blogs for Students
- Method - pretty privy- week 6 Method featured my Books as Wallpaper Bathroom remodel in the Method's Pretty Privvy series. Method said, "Lisa's a 2010 gal with a 1950’s soul."
- Lisa Nelsen-Woods was a Top 10 Finalist in Salada Tea's First Consumer Spokesperson Contest
- Salada Tea Green Spotlight - February 2010 - Featured because I reduced my home's electricity and natural gas use by 32%.
- Apartment Therapy Re-Nest Creative Reuse: Best of 2008, Creative Reuse 2008: Wine Glasses as Chandelier, and Creative Reuse 2008: Picture Frame as Raised Dog Feeder
- Apartment Therapy The Kitchen Organize Your Fridge with Six-Packs
- Centsational Girl - How to make lavender essential Oil
These awesome blogs featured my projects too!