That’s why I love this trend of super sizing childhood games and playing them outside. If you want ideas on what outdoor games to play at your next cookout or BBQ, think back to the board games you loved to play as a kid and make it giant size!
20 Big Backyard Games
1. Giant Jenga from A Beautiful Mess - if you do not want to make one, you can buy a big outdoor Jenga game here
2. Giant Connect Four (Four in a Row)
3. Hopscotch Stepping Stones from The (mis) Adventures of a Born Again Farm Girl
4. Giant Tic Tac Toe from Condo Blues
5. Tutorial: Oversized Memory Game from Dollar Store Crafts
6. Giant Guess Who? Game from Oh So Lovely Vintage
7. Giant Bubble Wand Kit – I have one and it is a crazy amount of fun! Learn more about my Giant Bubble Kit here
8. Giant Wood Dice for Yard Yahtzee
9. Giant Bananagrams from Constantly Love Struck
10. Airplane Swing Tutorial from Whitney's Workshop
11. How to Make a Giant Ker Plunk Game from This Old House
12. Corn Hole Game from Condo Blues If you don'twant to make it you can buy a portable corn hole game here
13. DIY Giant Pick-up Sticks from I Heart Nap Time
14. Super Jumbo Playing Cards
15. Life Size Angry Birds Game – including a big Slingshot! from My 4 Misters and Their Sister
16. DIY Giant Backyard Checkers - you can find a similar set of big outdoor checkers here
17. Outdoor Dominoes Tutorial from One Dog Woof
18. Lawn Scrabble from AJC
19. Make a Giant Twister Game Board from Luxe Living Forum
20. Giant Garden Chess - This is my favorite way to play chess!
If you'd rather buy, than DIY check out the following ideas - and more! below!
Did you enjoy this post? Get more like it by subscribing to the Condo Blues RSS Feed or to Condo Blues by Email.