Sometimes I'll woman’s pocket watch necklace like this one just because I like it or I need a long necklace to go with an outfit. The added benefit of using a watch necklace I suppose. (Disclosure: I am including big bold affiliate links in this post for your convenience.)
I recently bought another pocket watch necklace (you can buy similar women's ball pocket watches here) and wouldn’t you know it, the watch almost immediately started losing time and running slow. I can’t return it but it is an easy fix. My watch needs a new watch battery.
Normally, I take my watches to a jeweler and have them change the battery for me. That is, until I found out how easy it is to change a pocket watch battery on my own.
Also, I didn’t have time to run it over to a jeweler.
But seriously after learning that it is a 5 minute fix for the cost of a watch battery, I'll never go to a jeweler or watchmaker again!
Pin this idea to your Pinterest boards for later! Share it with your friends!
You will need:
A pocket watch
Precision screwdriver Set
A watch dog!
Hi everyone Lacey here! I want to remind you that depending upon the brand, you might void your warranty if you change the watch battery yourself. Lisa's watch doesn't have a warranty so she feels confident repairing it herself.
Step by Step How to Tutorial:
1. Using a flat head screwdriver from the kit, put the end in the seam of pocket watch seam, and gently pry the back off of the pocket watch. This shouldn’t take too much pressure. I gave the screwdriver a slight twist in the seam and the back popped right off.
Be careful you don't accidentally scratch the back of your watch with the screwdriver!
2. Remove the white spacer around the watch assembly.
3. Remove the dead battery from the pocket watch and replace it with a fresh battery.
4. Replace the white spacer around the watch assembly.
5. Press the back of the pocket watch into place until it clicks into place.
6. Tell time!
Want a pocket watch for yourself or as a gift? Check out these women's and men's pocket watch ideas -and more!- below!
Did you enjoy this post? Get more like it by subscribing to the Condo Blues RSS Feed or to Condo Blues by Email.