I love a good falafel but hate the idea of the big mess it makes when you deep fry it on the stove in the kitchen. The idea of my chickpea goodness swimming in a pot of oil before it hits my plate and into my belly. But not so, when you make falafel in an air fryer!
Keeping reading and I'll teach you how to make this easy air fryer falafel recipe! Pin this post to your Pinterest boards for later! Share it with your friends!
Some of the items below contain affiliate links; I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. However, I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too.
What is an Air Fryer?
Quick and Easy Air Fryer Falafel Recipe
You will need:
2 Cups of chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
1/2 Cup of parsley
1/2 Cup of cilantro
1 Chopped onion
3 – 4 Cloves of crushed garlic (or more if you like)
1 Teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 Teaspoon salt
Your favorite cooking oil
1. Pulse the chickpeas, parsley, cilantro, onion,. garlic, cumin, and salt in a food processor together.
2. Roll approximately 2 tablespoons of the falafel mixture into a ball and flatten each ball with a the bottom of a glass.
3. Put a layer of falafel patties in the airy fryer basket and lightly spray with the cooking oil of your choice. I use an olive oil sprayer like this one filled with olive oil although you can use whatever oil you like!
4. Put the air fryer basket into the air fryer and press the power button. Press the temperature button and use the minus button to set the temperature to 370 degrees. Press the timer button and use the plus and minus buttons to set the time to 12 minutes. Turn the falafel patties over halfway through the cooking time.
5. Serve with tzatziki sauce.
Five Reasons to Love the Hamilton Beach Air Fryer:
- Great Taste with Little to No Oil
- Fast Powerful Cooking
- Six Pre-Programmed Settings
- Easy to Clean
- Large Capacity
Features of the Hamilton Beach Air Fryer
- Achieve a crispy fried texture when cooking a variety of foods, from French fries to steak.
- The electric air fryer is quick and easy to use with no preheating necessary. Select either a pre-programmed setting or a time and temperature up to 400 degrees.
- One touch is all it takes to cook French fries, chicken, seafood, steak, baked goods and veggies.
- Nonstick food basket is removable to easily hand wash.
- Large air fryer cooking basket holds 2.5 liters.