I took a page from Mother Nature who sent us not only real live in the sky rainbows after a record breaking rainy summer last year but they were often double rainbows. How cool!
2 designs. 2 sides to a bottle cap. Why not make a double sided bottle cap necklace?
Let’s do it!
How to Make a Rainbow Bottle Cap Necklace
buy blue color bottle caps for crafts here
Rainbow stickers – these are the exact rainbow stickers I used
Blue craft paint
Mod Podge Dimensional Magic
Bottle cap punch
2 pairs of jewelry pliers – jewelry pliers look like this
Rubber jewelry cord (learn more about it here)
Disclosure: I am including affiliate links in this post for your convenience.
Step by step how to make it tutorial
2. Place one rainbow sticker on the front of the bottle cap.
3. Carefully cover the sticker with a thin coat of Dimensional Magic. Pop any air bubbles in the Dimensional Magic with the straight pin and let it dry over night.
4. Put one rainbow sticker on the back (inside) of the bottle cap and over the the sticker with a thin coat of Dimensional Magic. Pop any air bubbles in the Dimensional Magic with the straight pin and let it dry over night.
5. Use the bottle cap punch to make a hole in the top of the bottle cap.
6. Hole one side of the jump ring with a pair of jewelry pliers in one and and use a pair of jewelry pliers in your other hand to twist open the jump ring.
7. Use the piers to thread the jump ring through the hole in the bottle cap.
10. Wear it and look cute!
If you’d rather buy than DIY, check out the following options – and more! – below!