Today 10 TV News interviewed me and did a little house tour about how I slashed my home energy bills by 32%. My 1500 sq. ft. house now uses an average of 15 Kwh of electricity a day.
My interview was just one more way to show how real people with real budgets can save energy with some new habits, a few basic home improvements, and a little touch of humor.
If you’re visiting Condo Blues for the first time and like more information about how I keep my gas and electric use and bills low, please check out the following posts.
- Save Money! Find and Fix Air Leaks and Drafts
- 9 Outdoor Fix-Ups that Lower Heating Bills
- Make a No Slip Stay Put Door Draft Dodger
- An Easy Way to Save Energy: How to Insulate Your Hot Water Heater and Pipes
- Save Some Bucks – How to Seal Heating Ducts!
- Keep Heat and Utility Bills from Going Up the Chimney
- How I Slashed my Electric Bills without Moving into a Yurt
- How Much Attic Insulation is Enough?
- Using Passive Solar Heat in the MidWest
- Home Utility Reduction Challenge Summer Tips and Updates
- How to Kill Phantom Loads for Fun and Profit
- Why Efficient Light Bulbs Save Me Money
If you are wondering what we're going to do with the money we saved we plan on insulating the garage and the garage door Then we want to put in a workbench/workshop and some more organizational tools for our DIY projects like the suggestions below!Did you enjoy this post? Get more like it by subscribing to the Condo Blues RSS Feed or to Condo Blues by Email.