- Before 1992, federal law mandated toilets to use 3.5 gallons of water per flush.
- In 1994, the federal law lowered the mandate to 1.6 gallon per flush. This is a low flow toilet. This is the type of toilet we current have in our condo.
- Duel flush toilets use 1.6 gallons to flush solid waste and .8 gallons to flush liquid waste. I considered replacing my toilet with a duel flush toilet until we rented a cabin with a not so efficient with either duel flush toilet. Husband wins Round One.
- High efficiency toilets use less water per flush (1.3 gallons) than the current federal mandate.
How to Remove a Toilet
You use the kit bag to dispose of the old wax ring.
You might want to have a bucket and old towels on hand to
deal with any extra water left in the pipe.
Caution: Step 5 is usually the time on a DIY TV show where they pull out a sledgehammer and smash the toilet to make dramatic TV. Please don’t. First, it is easy to get hurt from flying shards. Second, it will make my little green heart feel better if you donated the old toilet to a reuse center (mine went to the Habitat Restore), or put it on Freecycle, or Craigslist (end of PSA.)
Did you know the U bend you see under your toilet is that way
to keep sewer gas from coming into your house?
How to Install a Delta Corrente Toilet
4. Place the toilet over the floor bolts making sure you line up the flange with the sewer pipe.
flip the toilet over from Step 2 and place it.
When it comes to plumbing I have the opposite problem – I don’t tightened the connectors tight enough (macaroni muscles remember?) I usually get water in the face from a leak when I turn the water back on. My goal was to try to get the bolts tight enough so it doesn’t leak but not too tight so I crack the toilet.
9. Use the SmartFit tool to attach the water supply line to the toilet and toilet water valve.
Disclosure: Delta Faucet Company provided me with a Corrente toilet for this review. This did not affect my opinion or my husband’s other than to change our minds about their super high efficiency toilet so much that we want to replace the other toilets with it on our own dime.