Fortunately, as I felt this ick coming on early, I made a stack of quick and easy flannel handkerchiefs to use in addition to disposable tissues to keep my nose from getting chapped and feeling raw. By bouncing back and forth between the two types of tissues I don't have a chapped nose for the first time in forever! Not to mention, the flannel hankies don't disintegrate after using a neti pot like the paper tissues do. (Ew.)
Flannel tissues are super simple to make!
1. Cut a piece of flannel cloth in the size of your choosing.
- For the orange flannel handkerchiefs I cut a flannel fat quarter into forths.
- I cut the pink and blue flannel tissues larger because I used an unused (of course) Kleenex as a paper pattern.
2. Hem the flannel squares as desired.
- I made a traditional hem on the orange homemade hankies by turning the raw edge over twice, pinning the fold in place, and sewing a straight stitch to hold it in place.
- I made the serged hem on the blue and pink DIY handkerchiefs by sewing along the edges using the overlock stitch on my sewing machine. If your sewing machine doesn't have an overlock stick, a zig zag stitch will also work. Of course if you have a serger, you can use that too.
I showed you my project, now you show me yours!
Please support and follow our lovely blog party hostesses:
If you are featured this week, be sure and grab a featured button for your blog!
You can show your love for this week's favorites by going over and commenting on the posts and by pinning or sharing!
And if you love all of this week's favorites, please pin, share, and invite your friends to this week's linky party! Now on to this week's picks!
Cranberry Mint Sugar Scrub by Simply Stacie
Jerri at Simply Sweet Home chose
Best Ever Gluten Free Waffles from Healthy Helper
Jen at Creatively Homemade chose
Printable Outer Space Valentines from Momerish
Penny from Penny's Passion chose
January Mini Challenge from Busy Being Jen
Christine at Light and Savvy chose
Easy Bread Making For Beginners from Pursue Your Project
Sheree at Stage Presents chose
Taco Lover Gift Idea from The Country Chic Cottage
Amy at A Day of Small Things chose
Painted Pallet Wood Snowman from Moola Saving Mama
Thanks so much for partying with us this week! Please add your links below.
All family friendly posts are welcome, including recipes, crafts, decor, household tips, and more!
And please support your fellow party goers by visiting other posts linked up to the party!
Did you enjoy this post? Get more like it by subscribing to the Condo Blues RSS Feed or to Condo lues by Email.