He looked the wire cork cage over and issued me a challenge, "Can you come up with something to do with this? The recycling won't take it and it seems a shame to throw it away."
I sat down to thinkidy think on it.
There's my idea!
I made the champagne cork cage into a little bistro chair.
How to Make a Chair Out of a Champagne Cork
You will need:
1 champagne or ale cork cage
Needle nose pliers
Disclosure: I included affiliate links for your convenience.
1. Use the needle nose pliers to untwist the wire on the bottom of the cork cage and slide the wire through what will be the 'legs' of the chair to remove it.
2. Fold the wire in half to make a V.
3. Using the screwdriver as a mandrel, twist the wire into a loop.
4. Using the screwdriver as a mandrel, fold the wire to the left side and right side to make the back of the chair.
5. Pinch each side of the loop to make a heart shape.
6. Use the pliers to twist and attach the wire on each side of the chair back to the base of the chair.
7. Have a seat!
Did you enjoy this post? Get more like it by subscribing to the Condo Blues RSS Feed or to Condo Blues by Email.